My Journey through a breast reduction plus some historical documentation of my life.
Monday, October 21, 2019
Before.
I'm going to attempt to blog again. For the 2345th time.
I quite enjoy that I found this long forgotten blog, how life has changed!
I'm having a bilateral breast reduction in 1 week. This has been a pipe dream since my early 20s. I thought "one day, after I've finished having babies, I'll get my boobs done. They can be smaller and perkier and beautiful. One day."
Fast forward a good 12 years, weight gains and losses, pregnancy and breastfeeding later, and a beautiful, slightly tipsy, friend lectured me on the necessity of "one day" being now. "You deserve to go to bed without a bra. You deserve to be able to walk into a store and buy any bra or swimsuit you like. You deserve to wear clothes you like without feeling self conscious. You deserve this now!"
That week I went to my GP to find out my options. Too heavy for public. But I have health insurance...
In August I met with surgeon Sally J Langley. She took one look at my naked breasts and assured me I was a perfect candidate for a reduction. She could change my life, "everything you are imagining will be real."
I contacted my insurance broker and they played a modern piggy in the middle, intercepting emails to and from the insurance company for what felt like months, but was only about 2 weeks. Finally I had a direct email from the insurance company. Full, pre-approved, cover. This was in September.
From there I called the surgeon's office. I could be in as soon as the end of October.
I will write more about the time between setting the date and now in a future post. In the mean time, this is what we're working with. Large, low, and heavy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment