The house is almost unpacked. We bought a new TV stand, it's pretty! All the consoles and games are lined up, and there's still space on either side of the TV for me to girly it up with vases and such!
This place would be a thieving bastards dream.
Terry has taken over the office. For now. Since my desk got busted in the move (a whole other post there...) I don't even have my own computer. He's jammed up the closet with god only knows what electronic stuffs. I will take over with my teaching resources. Then I'll get a job, and he can have the bloody room. To be honest, I'm just stoked the only electronics in the bedroom are two alarm clocks and a mini system. (Oh, and the DS, but that's only 'cos the battery is shite and I have to keep it plugged in...)
The kitchen was pretty much done, but then we bought a new dinner set so I'll get that out and wash it today. I also haven't finished sorting the pantry, you know, organizing the baking goods by size, the pastas by frequency of use, the herbal teas alphabetically. The normal pantry stuff. I did set up the liquor cabinet. I have one shelf down the bottom with all my ornaments - you know, those things that don't necessarily fit the flow of the rest of the house, but belonged to your grandma? Yeah, them. Terry told me that it was very "old lady". Thanks hun.
The bathroom is pretty much done except for the cupboard as well, (notice a theme here? I'm all about the pretty, then the OCD organizing comes later). Terry bought one of those 1-Day mystery bags and got some lavender smellys, yet another old lady touch.
I had the weirdest dreams last night. Not really pleasant ones either. I got lost in Auckland - again - and got rather distressed. The weird thing about my "Lost in Auckland" dreams is I can never remember how they end. I assume I find my way? Anyway, this time I was on Aggie... which was lovely, since today is the day I've decided I'll go exploring.
I'm going to make a coffee and some stewed apples and wheetbix (that's right, I stewed apples). Wish me luck exploring without getting lost. Oh, and whoever has a birthday coming up, hope you like lavender.
No comments:
Post a Comment