I started writing a massive, dramatic post about the washing machine last night with the intention of finishing it today. Then I realized it was a massive, dramatic post about the washing machine, and promptly deleted it. Long story short, there was a leak, we thought it was the machine, proved it was the plumbing and we're going to get the landlord to fix it.
Last night Sammy came to visit. He's living it up in some beach house, working four days a week for his dad. Nice for some. Hanging out with him was a lot like the last 3 years of flatting to be honest. It was awesome to have someone around, show off the house, and have new conversations. It's not quite a week since we left, but I think the fact that I now realise I'm not flatting anymore, and Terry is my only company most of the time makes it feel like a lot longer. Not that I have a problem with hanging out with Terry, I'd be kinda screwed if I did, but its an adjustment going from flatting to living in your own place at the best of times, let alone your own place, in a different city, when you don't have a job.
Enough of the whining though.
I decided to go exploring today - I actually left the house on my own. I got lost. But then I found my way. I now know that if I just stay on the one street I can get to everything I need. Seriously. Op Shops, Dressmart, Doctors, Library, Supermarket. 25mins walk. Everything I need. All so I can spend money I shouldn't. Ahhh, the unemployed life.
aww, hun. i wish i was there to see the house and the new and the weird and the new. <3
ReplyDeleteHope your plumbing is fixed soon also!
Haha good work on the deletion of the washing machine rant, but I bet it felt good to get it out. Does the road have a fish'n'chipper though? I really ask cos I am about to go get some for me
ReplyDeleteThe plumbing is all sorted. I delight in getting my washing done!
ReplyDeleteAlso, there is a chipper, but it's a bit far away, you get the the pie shop first...