So I invented a new recipe for lasagna today... it involved potatoes (thanks Ayla) and hummus, among other things. It was a little watery this time, so will need some adjusting. But my resident food snob ate it and didn't protest when I informed him that there was enough for lunch tomorrow, so I'm going to chalk it up as a success.
I had a job interview today. Mostly we talked about how awesome Christchurch is, and how shit Auckland is, with a few "what would you do if you had an angry customer..." type questions thrown in (for the record, this is for a retail job, not teaching). It went well, but I don't think I'll get it, due to the fact that I could leave at any moment for a teaching position. Probably for the best... there's only so long I can remain terrified of Auckland schools and continue procrastinating on the whole deal.
Our landlord came to see me today. He waits till about 20mins after I get home then ambushes me. He wanted to show me the water bill (that we don't have to pay this quarter!), so I understood how it works for future reference (bless), to tell me that there would be a man coming to check the alarm, and that they have decided we're responsible enough to have a cat, but to point out that it may conflict with the whole connecting-the-alarm thing. This was exciting news on pretty much all fronts. Further cat-research has shown that our cat of choice may be the devil itself if we don't get two... cross that bridge when we get to it.
I'm going to find my wine and talk Terry out of trying to buy a cat this weekend.
MWAH!
Mm lasagne.
ReplyDeleteAlso Yay for Cat, that is awes dude, your landlords sound brill XD